I am a Software Engineer at Google. Before joining Google, I received my PhD under the direction of Prof. W. Bruce Croft at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), College of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst. My research focuses on conversational search, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing.
I will no longer have access to my cs.umass.edu email address after graduation. Use the email on the left instead.
- UMass Amherst, MS/PhD from Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). Advisor: Prof. W. Bruce Croft. Amherst, MA, US, Sep. 2017 - May 2021.
- Dalian University of Technology, B.E. in Computer Science and Technology. Dalian, China, Sep. 2013 - Jun. 2017.
- Google, Software Engineer. Working on projects related to natural language processing, content understanding, machine learning, and deep learning. Mountain View, CA, US, Jul. 2021 - Present.
- Google, Research Intern working on natural language understanding. Mentors and managers: Weize Kong, Liu Yang, Mingyang Zhang, and Michael Bendersky. Mountain View, CA, US, May 2020 - Sep. 2020.
- Microsoft Research, Research Intern at Information and Data Sciences group. Mentors and managers: Chenyan Xiong and Paul Bennett. Redmond, WA, US, May 2019 - Aug. 2019.
- Alibaba Group, Research Intern at AliMe X-Lab. Mentors and managers: Feng Ji, Minghui Qiu, and Haiqing Chen. Hangzhou, China, May 2018 - Aug. 2018.
- Tencent, Software Engineer Intern (Backend). Shenzhen, China, Jul 2016 - Aug. 2016.
- Dissertation Writing Fellowship, Spring 2021.
- Outstanding Synthesis Project Award.
- PhD Candidacy with Distinction. 2020.
- W. Bruce Croft Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science 2019.
- SIGIR Student Travel Grant: SIGIR 2020, CIKM 2019, CHIIR 2019, SIGIR 2018.
- Conference PC Member and Reviewer: SIGIR, CIKM, ECIR, ICTIR, KDD, ACL, EMNLP, AAAI
- Journal Reviewer: ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS), ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS), Information Retrieval Journal, Information Processing and Management (IPM)
- ACM SIGIR Artifact Evaluation Committee (AEC)
- I was the Teaching Assistant for CS646 Information Retrieval (Fall 2020), a graduate-level course, at UMass Amherst.