My name is Chen Qu. I am a second year MS/PhD student advised by Prof. W. Bruce Croft at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), College of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- UMass Amherst, MS/PhD student and Research Assistant at Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). Advisor: Prof. W. Bruce Croft. Amherst, MA, US, Sept. 2017 - Present.
- Microsoft Research, Research Intern at Information and Data Sciences group. Mentors: Dr. Chenyan Xiong. Redmond, US, May 2019 - Aug. 2019.
- Alibaba Group, Research Intern at AliMe X-Lab. Mentors: Dr. Feng Ji and Dr. Minghui Qiu. Hangzhou, China, May 2018 - Aug. 2018.
- Tencent, Software Engineer Intern. Shenzhen, China, Jul 2016 - Aug. 2016.
BERT with History Answer Embedding for Conversational Question Answering
Chen Qu, Liu Yang, Minghui Qiu, W. Bruce Croft, Yongfeng Zhang and Mohit Iyyer. SIGIR 2019. Short Paper. Acceptance rate=24% (108 out of 443). [PDF]
User Intent Prediction in Information-seeking Conversations
Chen Qu, Liu Yang, Bruce Croft, Yongfeng Zhang, Johanne R Trippas and Minghui Qiu. CHIIR 2019. Full Paper. [PDF]
Answer Interaction in Non-factoid Question Answering Systems
Chen Qu, Liu Yang, W. Bruce Croft, Falk Scholer and Yongfeng Zhang. CHIIR 2019. Short Paper. [PDF]
Learning to Selectively Transfer: Reinforced Transfer Learning for Deep Text Matching
Chen Qu, Feng Ji, Minghui Qiu, Liu Yang, Zhiyu Min, Haiqing Chen, Jun Huang and W. Bruce Croft. WSDM 2019. Full Paper. Acceptance rate=16% (84 out of 511). [PDF] [Slides] [Poster]
Analyzing and Characterizing User Intent in Information-seeking Conversations
Chen Qu, Liu Yang, W. Bruce Croft, Johanne R Trippas, Yongfeng Zhang, Minghui Qiu. SIGIR 2018. Short Paper. Acceptance rate=30% (98 out of 327). [PDF] [Data] [Poster]
Response Ranking with Deep Matching Networks and External Knowledge in Information-seeking Conversation Systems
Liu Yang, Minghui Qiu, Chen Qu, Jiafeng Guo, Yongfeng Zhang, W. Bruce Croft, Jun Huang, Haiqing Chen. SIGIR 2018. Full Paper. Acceptance rate=21% (86 out of 409). [PDF] [Code] [Data]
- [May 2019] Joining Micorsoft Research Redmond for a Summer internship on conversational search.
- [Apr. 2019] A paper accepted by SIGIR 2019.
- [Nov. 2018] Two papers accepted by CHIIR 2019.
- [Oct. 2018] A paper accepted by WSDM 2019.
- [May 2018] Joining the AliMe team at Alibaba Group to do a Summer research internship on multi-turn QA and conversational assistants.
- [Apr. 2018] Two papers accepted by SIGIR 2018.
- SIGIR Student Travel Grant for SIGIR18 and CHIIR19.