My name is Chen Qu. I am a second year MS/PhD student advised by Prof. W. Bruce Croft at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), College of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- UMass Amherst, MS/PhD student and Research Assistant at Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). Advisor: Prof. W. Bruce Croft. Amherst, MA, US, Sept. 2017 - Present.
- Alibaba Group, Research Intern at AliMe X-Lab. Mentors: Dr. Feng Ji and Dr. Minghui Qiu. Hangzhou, China, May 2018 - Aug. 2018.
- Tencent, Software Engineer Intern. Shenzhen, China, Jul 2016 - Aug. 2016.
Learning to Selectively Transfer: Reinforced Transfer Learning for Deep Text Matching
Chen Qu, Feng Ji, Minghui Qiu, Liu Yang, Zhiyu Min, Haiqing Chen, Jun Huang and W. Bruce Croft. WSDM 2019. Full Paper. Acceptance rate=16% (84 out of 511). [To appear]
Analyzing and Characterizing User Intent in Information-seeking Conversations
Chen Qu, Liu Yang, W. Bruce Croft, Johanne R Trippas, Yongfeng Zhang, Minghui Qiu. SIGIR 2018. Short Paper. Acceptance rate=30% (98 out of 327). [PDF] [Data] [Poster]
Response Ranking with Deep Matching Networks and External Knowledge in Information-seeking Conversation Systems
Liu Yang, Minghui Qiu, Chen Qu, Jiafeng Guo, Yongfeng Zhang, W. Bruce Croft, Jun Huang, Haiqing Chen. SIGIR 2018. Full Paper. Acceptance rate=21% (86 out of 409). [PDF] [Code] [Data]
- [Oct. 2018] A paper accepted by WSDM 2019.
- [May 2018] Joining the AliMe team at Alibaba Group to do a Summer research internship on multi-turn QA and conversational assistants.
- [Apr. 2018] Two papers accepted by SIGIR 2018.
- SIGIR Student Travel Grant 2018.