My name is Chen Qu. I am a final year PhD student advised by Prof. W. Bruce Croft at the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), College of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst. I focus on conversational search, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing.
Seeking full-time positions to start in Fall 2021.
- UMass Amherst, MS/PhD student and Research Assistant at Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR). Advisor: Prof. W. Bruce Croft. Amherst, MA, US, Sept. 2017 - Present.
- Google Research, Research Intern working on natural language understanding. Mentors and managers: Weize Kong, Liu Yang, Mingyang Zhang, and Michael Bendersky. Mountain View, CA, US, May 2020 - Sep. 2020.
- Microsoft Research, Research Intern at Information and Data Sciences group. Mentors and managers: Chenyan Xiong and Paul Bennett. Redmond, WA, US, May 2019 - Aug. 2019.
- Alibaba Group, Research Intern at AliMe X-Lab. Mentors and managers: Feng Ji, Minghui Qiu, and Haiqing Chen. Hangzhou, China, May 2018 - Aug. 2018.
- Tencent, Software Engineer Intern (Backend). Shenzhen, China, Jul 2016 - Aug. 2016.
- [May 2020] Joining Google for a Summer internship on natural language understanding.
- [Aug. 2019] Received the W. Bruce Croft Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science.
- [May 2019] Joining Micorsoft Research Redmond for a Summer internship on conversational search.
- [May 2018] Joining the AliMe team at Alibaba Group to do a Summer research internship on multi-turn QA and conversational assistants.
- Outstanding Synthesis Project Award.
- Passed portfolio with distinction.
- W. Bruce Croft Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science 2019.
- SIGIR Student Travel Grant: SIGIR 2020, CIKM 2019, CHIIR 2019, SIGIR 2018.
- Program Committee Member: NAACL 2021, ECIR 2021, CIKM 2020, ECIR 2020, [email protected] 2019, [email protected] 2019
- Reviewer: TOIS, KDD 2019-2020, AAAI 2019, NAACL 2019, ICTIR 2018
- I am the Teaching Assistant for CS646 Information Retrieval (Fall 2020), a graduate-level course, at UMass Amherst.